So this was the process of the green lantern I did for the latest skratch jams. And this is basically my workflow through most of the work I do.
I always start with the general pose for the character or characters and then:
1. I start drawing the sketch (using some references most of the time);
2. Drawing the final linework (don't absolutely need to stick with the sketch);
3. Flats (the most boring part for me but it most be done);
4. Adding some subsurface scattering and temperature to the body and clothing;
5. Shadows and reflected light;
6. General light;
7. Special effects needed;
8. And finished with some adjustment layers just to make it pop.
hope you liked it and I'll be doing more of this in the future!
Sketches and WIP's:www.facebook.com/masterkidikidimaster.tumblr.com/instagram.com/kidimasterartz/